Rita throws Hilda out of The Kabin for spreading rumours about Elsie. Emily is master of ceremonies at the cabaret, introducing:
Renee Delafonte on the piano
Rita singing as Danny La Rue in drag
Norma impersonating Ken Dodd
Bet and Betty doing a Laurel and Hardy act.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and Select
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- The end credits for this episode are played over a night shot of the Street with Rita heard singing at the cabaret and not the usual theme music.
- TV Times synopsis: Impersonations in the "Rovers"…introspection for the Howards.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,650,000 homes (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|August 1973 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|