|ITV transmission date||14th March 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||12th March 1962|
|Next episode||19th March 1962|
Ken reveals he is writing a novel about three boys growing up together in a back street. Jack collapses behind the bar and is taken to see Dr. Graham. Annie blames herself, fearing the worst but he is cleared; he'd only overeaten. Annie thinks he is lying to save her feelings.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- TV Times synopsis: Kenneth reveals to Frank why he has been staying late at school - and once again the Barlow family face a new challenge. While Kenneth develops his new found talent, the Hewitt family have more problems with Lucky Lolita, and Annie Walker faces another crisis at the Rover's Return, this time with Jack Walker.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,356,000 homes (1st place, and the programme's highest figure to date).
|March 1962 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|