|ITV transmission date||12th September 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||10th September 1973|
|Next episode||17th September 1973|
Albert tells Ken he's ashamed and hurt by him. Ken refuses to marry another Val to please Albert. Ken makes a date with Rita. At the pool, the residents cheer for Mavis. Albert shames Ken into going to Glasgow. Mavis nearly collapses after eighteen lengths. Albert doesn't tell Rita that Ken has gone and she is stood up.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Mason Street Baths
- Location OB recording for the scenes at the Mason Street Baths took place at the Galleon Outdoor Pool on Manchester Road in Didsbury. The pool closed in the early 1980s and is now part of the Waterside Hotel and Leisure Club.
- As Mavis and the others return from the swimming, we see Elsie getting hit in the back of the head by a camera.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis gets in the swim - but Rita gets stood up.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,850,000 homes (5th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|September 1973 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|