|ITV transmission date||17th September 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||12th September 1973|
|Next episode||19th September 1973|
Emily organises a draw for free OAP holidays in Wales donated by landladies in the area. Deirdre has contact lenses fitted. Minnie and Mrs Toft win holidays but Albert demands that the tickets are checked to make sure his was present in the tin and when it's revealed that it was not, the draw is declared invalid and run again. This time Mrs Toft wins again, as do Ena and Albert but Minnie loses. Deirdre loses a lens in the Yard office. Ray reveals to Jerry they need more work.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elizabeth Dawn appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, a year before making her debut as Vera Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Lucky dip in the Rovers - but whose name has been left out of the hat?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,050,000 homes (3rd place).
|September 1973 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|