|ITV transmission date||19th September 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||17th September 1973|
|Next episode||24th September 1973|
Albert makes Emily and Minnie pack for his two-week holiday in Wales. Deirdre annoys Bob Fawcett, a customer, whilst searching for her lens on the Yard office floor. He finds it for her and she wins him round into giving the firm the contract for a flats' conversion. Alan discovers the Street's residents spend £8 a week per household on cigarettes. He feels that if they all saved the money they could buy a villa in Spain to use between them.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Deidre Hunt")
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elizabeth Dawn appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, a year before making her debut as Vera Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre pulls off a big deal.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,900,000 homes (4th place).
|September 1973 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|