|ITV transmission date||26th September 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||24th September 1973|
|Next episode||1st October 1973|
Stan takes up a pipe. Tricia Hopkins turns out to be a schoolgirl. Her mother marches her back to the Rovers, this time wearing her school uniform and looking considerably younger, to berate Annie for serving underage girls. Annie berates Vera in turn for giving Tricia enough money to be able to afford fashionable clothes and buy expensive drinks. Janet calls to tell Ken she's found a supply teacher for him and they see each other again. Albert sends a postcard from his holiday in Llandudno. Alf tells Annie that Norman Leach has got seven years in prison. He also discovers the reason Len didn't get to the Town Hall for the meeting to elect the Mayor was that he rescued the depressed wife of Conrad Farmer from the canal.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Deirdre Hunt")
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Mrs Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Last appearance of Tricia Hopkins until 8th July 1974.
- First appearance of Vera Hopkins and last until 6th February 1974.
- TV Times synopsis: Janet and Ken are up in the clouds.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,050,000 homes (3rd place).
|September 1973 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|