Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th October 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||3rd October 1973|
|Next episode||10th October 1973|
Ray carries his arm in a sling. Rita starts wondering what people really think of her but decides not to mope. She is happy that Len defended her honour and opens his present from France - an expensive necklace. Len and Janet are polite to each other when they meet at the Corner Shop. He starts to come round over Deirdre when she types up his report on the French trip in her own time. Minnie receives a postcard from Ena in Wales. She is therefore surprised to see Ena back in the Street - she returned a week early, to get away from Albert. Mavis tries on Rita's necklace and can't get it off. Len looks around for Ken to ask him about Rita. Rita reveals to Ray that she heard him talking about her. She shows her contempt for him. The Howards have gone to Newcastle for two weeks. Minnie refuses to release the keys for the centre to Ena as she's enjoying being stand-in caretaker and wants to complete the two weeks she was asked to do. Ken surprises everyone by seeking Len out for himself. Everyone expects a fight when Ken tackles Len in the Rovers.
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Deidre Hunt")
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Corner Shop
- Fairclough and Langton
- The Kabin flat
- The customer in The Kabin who calls up to Mavis when she is in the flat trying to get the necklace off is uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: Len is spoiling for another fight - and Minnie's giving Ena the "third degree".
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,050,000 homes (4th place).
|October 1973 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|