Ray’s resolve not to smoke starts to waiver. Stan claims that not smoking is making him feel dizzy. Hilda doesn’t believe him until Rita kids on that she’s feeling the same and Hilda starts to worry about Stan being up ladders all day. Janet lends Ken her mini to bring Peter and Susan down from Scotland. She avoids questions about the children from the residents and when they arrive takes them to the park alone to get to know them. Peter makes himself ill though after eating two of her puddings and she has to bring him home. David Spencer, the VAT man, tells Len the Yard has to pay £204.60 VAT on the plastics job although they haven't been paid yet the £2,000 owing to them by that firm yet. Len is livid.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- First appearance of Peter Barlow since 29th September 1971 and first appearance of Linus Roache (William Roache's real-life son) in the role.
- First appearance of Susan Barlow since 29th September 1971.
- TV Times synopsis: Two welcome visitors in the Street - and one not so welcome in the yard…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,100,000 homes (4th place).
|October 1973 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st