Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th October 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||15th October 1973|
|Next episode||22nd October 1973|
Annie takes Stan to task over his shoddy work on cleaning the windows in the street and stands over him while he does them again. Ray tries to get hold of someone from Weatherfield Plastics but all the management are away in Birmingham. The no-smoking syndicate starts to waiver in their resolve. Len is grumpy with everyone and Rita insists he does something about it rather than complaining. Len goes to see solicitor Stephen Rigby who tells him that he has no option but to pay the VAT. The Barlows and Janet have a day out in a park with a picnic made by Janet. The syndicate has its next meeting at the Ogdens' but folds through lack of commitment when only Bet turns up. Janet agrees to a holiday in Scotland with the Barlows.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- Golf club locker room
- Transmission took place at 7.00pm to allow for coverage of an England v Poland football match except in the regions covered by Scottish Television and Grampian Television where transmission was at 8.00pm
- TV Times synopsis: Who's coming to Hilda's villa party?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,250,000 homes (2nd place). This was the most-watched episode of the year.
|October 1973 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|