|ITV transmission date||22nd October 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||17th October 1973|
|Next episode||24th October 1973|
Len and Ray refuse to pay the VAT until they're paid. It is Annie's thirty-sixth wedding anniversary and she recalls her twenty-fifth anniversary party. Albert returns from Wales, hurt to find that Peter and Susan have been staying and now Ken has taken them back to Scotland. Lucille gives Annie flowers and tells her how much she misses Jack. Weatherfield Plastics avoid Len and Ray's calls. Bet discovers Janet has gone to Scotland with Ken. Albert is grumpy with everyone and an exasperated Emily throws his washing at him. Ray tells Len that Plastics are sending a cheque. Alf twists Annie's arm into going on a Mayoral visit to Charleville in France with him. Albert reveals Ena came home early because she was chucked out of the holiday.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Hallway, back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard and office
- This episode features an extended clip from Episode 194 (22nd October 1962) as Annie Walker thinks back to her twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. The clip featured Annie, Jack Walker (Arthur Leslie) and Len Fairclough (Peter Adamson) as Annie prepared for the party.
- TV Times synopsis: Annie keeps an anniversary date with the past.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,150,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1973 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st