Norma mopes over Ken being with Janet. Maggie tells her that she shouldn’t hold a candle for him. In Scotland, Edith Tatlock shows that she’s unhappy about Janet taking Val’s place. Albert reveals he helped liberate Charleville in the Great War. Minnie tries to get the truth out of Ena about what happened in Wales but can't. Norma lets slip to Albert that Janet is in Scotland with Ken. Ena tells Minnie that she had words about how to run a boarding house and it was obvious then that her face didn’t fit. When the cheque doesn't arrive, Len and Ray go to Weatherfield Plastics only to find that it went bust that morning and that the workers are locked out.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway and doorway in the Street
- 1 Coronation Street - Hallway, back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard and office
- Road outside Weatherfield Plastics
- Park in Scotland
- Last appearance of Peter Barlow until 25th March 1974.
- Last appearance of Susan Barlow until 25th March 1974.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Ray bring back the missing £2,000?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,900,000 homes (6th place).
|October 1973 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st