Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st October 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||29th October 1973|
|Next episode||5th November 1973|
Janet and Ken return, having got married in Janet's home town of Keswick on the way back from Scotland. Ken follows Janet's suggestion of breaking the news to Albert himself. At No.1, he finds the table set for four, Albert having assumed that he had brought the twins back with him due to Ken mentioning "us" on the phone. When he realises he was mistaken, Albert guesses that Ken has married Janet. Ken walks out when Albert criticises him for marrying in secret. Dr. Mitchell checks over Ena and reveals she has had a mild heart attack. Minnie moves her into No.5. Jerry visits the yard's supplier. Ken has to talk Albert round to the idea that he is married. He tells him he's facing up to things now. Janet wins him round. Ena feels weak and is overwhelmed by everyone's kindness. Len stops Rita selling fireworks to Mark Hillkirk and bans him and his friends from the shop. Ken lets Albert tell people about him getting married - if they ask. He ends up announcing it in the Rovers after dropping hints which nobody picks up on. Ena tells Minnie she had another attack in Wales - that's why she left. Dr. Mitchell clears it with Emily for Ena to take a few weeks off and suggests she goes to St. Anne's. Len can't believe that Ken married Janet. Jerry discovers the suppliers aren't allowing the yard credit. The VAT still want their £200, and if they don't pay it could mean prison. Emily announces a communal bonfire for the children and asks for contributions. Ena refuses to go to St. Anne's, preferring to die in the Street.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker (Credited as "Janet Reid")
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen
- The Kabin
- Fairclough and Langton
- TV Times synopsis: Will the gossips give the new arrival a warm welcome?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,300,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1973 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|