Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th November 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||7th November 1973|
|Next episode||14th November 1973|
Stan prepares for Rene Dubois' arrival but worries that Hilda will find out. Len reminds him that he tried to get out of it so Hilda can't be mad at him. Alf is annoyed that Annie is away visiting Joan when she's needed. Emily is stunned to hear Stan is getting a woman and fears it will make the Sunday papers. Janet wants a house but Ken will only go up to £8,000. Stan is landed with lorry driver Rene. Mark Hillkirk has to have plastic surgery. The Bishops' Frenchman, Charles Follette, speaks no English. Stan and Rene get on like brothers. Janet wears Ken down until he agrees to see the house she's interested in. Betty can't stay at the Rovers with Marcel Lebeque because of Cyril. Bet too refuses but changes her mind when she meets him at the shop and discovers he's good looking. She causes a stir by leading him into the Rovers and upstairs.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda's away - and Stan prepares to welcome his French lady lodger…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,300,000 homes (2nd place).
Ken Barlow: “I know that I've been doing things, or rather not doing things, for far too long. Even I can see the things that I should have done. I don't know, I think I'm just lazy, I let my life treacle by me.”
Ray Langton (about Stan Ogden): “I dunno, you pull that fella's leg and it comes off in yer flippin' 'and.”
|November 1973 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|