Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st November 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||19th November 1973|
|Next episode||26th November 1973|
Judge Carson reveals the case is over as someone from the Yard has paid in the VAT money owing. Len and Ray are furious. Alan blames himself for Mark Hillkirk's accident. Jerry tells Len and Ray he stood the money because he didn't want to see the end of the firm. Mavis reveals to Jerry that The Kabin has been transferred into Rita's name, making her the owner. Ray, Jerry and Rita turn on Len for selfishly protecting his investment; if the Yard goes bust he won't have to sell The Kabin. Janet refuses Ken's choice of a semi for a £12,000 detached. Mr Wormold puts the rent on No.1 and No.5 up 50p a week. Janet reveals she has £1,500 saved, Ken agrees to see the house properly. Len packs and leaves the area.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Mark Hillkirk - Mark Adshead
- Mrs Hillkirk - Brenda Elder
- Judge Carson - Patrick Barr
- Mr Geddes - Michael Turner
- Court Clerk - Geoff Tomlinson
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis lets a cat out the bag - and starts a chain reaction of rows.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,600,000 homes (4th place).
|November 1973 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|