It is the Ogdens' Pearl wedding. Ena accuses Minnie of being jealous, and refuses to accept Albert's explanation - she's still thinking about it. Hilda gives Stan pearl cufflinks. He can't afford a present for her so Maggie gives him her pearl necklace. The building society won't give the Barlows a mortgage for six months. Janet refuses to have Peter and Susan down until they're out of No.1. Ena gives in gracefully and Minnie accepts Albert's proposal. The Ogdens throw a party. Norma, Maggie, Ken, Janet, Emily, Ernie, Annie, Deirdre and Betty attend. When Hilda starts insulting Elsie, Betty tells her that she went to see Dennis and asks her if she got an anniversary card from her son.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat
- Last appearance of Norma Ford until 8th July 1974.
- A soldier who asks to buy a pie in the Rovers is uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda and Stan throw a Pearl Wedding party - and are reminded of a skeleton in the cupboard.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,763,000 homes (3rd place).
|December 1973 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|