|ITV transmission date||17th December 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||12th December 1973|
|Next episode||19th December 1973|
The Ogdens meet their daughter-in-law Polly. She is shocked to meet them. They learn that Trevor is now an estate agent. Albert plays Santa at the kids' Christmas party at the Community Centre. Len returns. Trevor told Polly his parents were dead. The Ogdens discover they have a grandson, Damian. Ena disappears with the Centre keys so the children can't have any presents. She says she forgot the committee room was locked. Jerry refuses to let Len just walk back into the Yard now it is a success. Deirdre backs him up. Trevor is not happy and Stan suspects he came by his wealth dishonestly.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Community Centre flat - Living room/kitchen
- Builder's Yard
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Avondale Avenue, Chesterfield - Exterior, living room, kitchen
- Prior to making her debut as Vera Duckworth the following year, Elizabeth Dawn appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers.
- TV Times synopsis: What kind of reception will the Ogdens get from their long-lost son?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,391,000 homes (5th place).
|December 1973 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|