Arthur Harvey tells Annie it's because of her that he and Nellie are splitting up; he told Nellie that Annie was a real lady - unlike her. He is drunk and Annie lets him stay in Billy's room for the night. With Ena gone, Minnie and Albert consider running the Community Centre together when they are married. Nellie turns up at the Rovers and finds Arthur in pyjamas. She tells him that she's contacting her solicitor for divorce, citing Annie. Albert tells the Bishops he doesn't want Ena's job because he doesn't want to give up his house. He tells Minnie the Bishops won't give him the job because he's too old. She sets off to visit Ena and tells him that when she returns she wants to know whose house they're going to live in. Arthur leaves the Rovers but is not returning to Nellie.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and Select
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Nellie Harvey comes to call - and leaves the threat of scandal hanging over the Street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,950,000 homes (14th place).
|January 1974 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|