Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th January 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||2nd January 1974|
|Next episode||9th January 1974|
Jerry books a table at Mario's Italian restaurant to take Mavis out. Mavis tells Maggie her parents are returning to Grange-over-Sands and if things don't work out with Jerry she's going with them. Arthur Harvey turns up with chocolates for Annie. She tries to get him to return to Nellie. He tells her that he's not returning; he wants to live with Annie. Mavis and Jerry can't understand the Italian menu so they copy from another couple. Annie visits Nellie who refuses to believe her story and threatens to sue Annie for enticement as well as announcing her divorce plans in the Gazette.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Ann Kirkbride")
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Nellie Harvey - Mollie Sugden
- Arthur Harvey - Henry Moxon
- Waiter - Guido Adorni
- Frank - David Gilmore
- Zilla - Maureen Darbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- Builder's Yard
- Laughing Donkey - Back room
- Mario's restaurant
- TV Times synopsis: A very special dinner date for Mavis and Jerry
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,650,000 homes (5th place).
|January 1974 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|