|ITV transmission date||14th January 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||9th January 1974|
|Next episode||16th January 1974|
Rita is fed up at The Kabin on her own; no one has answered her advertisement for an assistant. Alan returns without Elsie. Rita takes on sixteen-year-old Christopher Cullen but isn't sure she's doing the right thing. Alan tells Lucille they're settling in Newcastle. He plans to sell the Canal Garage and give up the tenancy of No.11. Hilda considers giving up charring to become Rita's assistant to prove her worth to Trevor. Albert suggests the Barlows take out the tenancy on No.11. Chris makes Rita feel very uncomfortable. Albert makes Janet see that renting No.11 would give them time on their own. She tells Ken that she's not going to live in the Street. Alan tells Ken the house will be rented fully furnished. Chris makes advances to Rita when they close up for the night. She makes him realise it wouldn't work and he leaves for good. Janet is won round by the furniture and Ken makes plans to move Peter and Susan in.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- TV Times synopsis: Ken and Janet have the chance of a new home - in the Street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (6th place).
|January 1974 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|