|ITV transmission date||28th March 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||26th March 1962|
|Next episode||2nd April 1962|
Jack nurses his dying eighty-seven year old mother in Barnsley. Len does foreigners around the area. Ena is diagnosed as having had a mild stroke and of hitting her head as she fell, causing concussion. During the night she lay in the Mission she contracted hypostatic pneumonia. Len puts a fireplace in for Elsie and sets the tongues wagging. Martha and Minnie go to visit Ena but she doesn't seem to recognise them.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- TV Times synopsis: After their rift with Ena, Minnie and Martha now find themselves rallying round their old friend in her time of need. But further down the street the local gossips have something more to talk about when they see Len Fairclough sneaking through Elsie's back door.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,024,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 134).
|March 1962 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|