Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th February 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||6th February 1974|
|Next episode||13th February 1974|
Ken spends the night on the sofa. He rips up the brochure. Janet hides the blankets under the sofa when Albert visits. Len is not bothered by the Street action committee at all. Alf calls him hard-faced. The Bishops start the petition against Len. They're prepared to demand a full public enquiry if necessary. Billy signs the petition when the residents pressure him. Ena thinks Albert is having doubts about marrying Minnie when he puts the wedding off because of the redevelopment. Billy decides not to sell the garage to Douglas Wormold. Hilda takes hers and Stan's names off the petition when Billy points out that they'll profit from selling their house. Rita still refuses to sell The Kabin. Len knows that without its sale he won't make any profit from selling No.9 and the yard. Ernie takes a picture of Bet holding up the petition for tomorrow's Gazette. Cyril Turpin has advised Maggie to sell the shop to Wormold. She refuses to sign the petition, which reaches 100 names in one hour. Everyone is surprised when Len drinks at the Rovers. Janet makes up the spare room for Ken. Len tells Rita to choose between him and The Kabin. She picks The Kabin.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back rooms, hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- The Kabin
- This is the final episode to be written by Leo Knowles under his pen-name of "Bernard Aspen". Future contributions were written under his real name.
- TV Times synopsis: What is the ultimatum that Len puts to Rita?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (7th place).
|February 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|