|ITV transmission date||18th February 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||13th February 1974|
|Next episode||20th February 1974|
Ken and Janet continue to sleep apart. Minnie is tired of being engaged and tells Albert she wants to marry at Easter. Stuart Draper tells Annie that Billy is a cheat and a fraud as the car he bought off him was only worth £400. Ena tells Minnie she'll lose out financially if she marries. She suggests she jilts Albert. The Barlows make up. Len proposes and Rita accepts, giving him The Kabin back.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- TV Times synopsis: Annie Walker hears a nasty tale about her son, Billy.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,950,000 homes (8th place).
|February 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|