Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th February 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||18th February 1974|
|Next episode||25th February 1974|
Stuart Draper tracks Billy down at the Rovers and accuses him of fraud. Billy refuses to speak to him. Annie tells Draper that she will speak to Billy on the matter but asks him to leave. Billy tells her to mind her own business. Albert tells the Barlows he's marrying Minnie Caldwell at Easter. Ken thinks he's mad. Emily confesses to breaking Len's window. She accuses Len of making her feel defiled. Minnie tells Albert she won't marry him. He's glad and they start to insult each other again. Len and Rita throw an engagement party at the Rovers. Billy refuses to look at the car. P.C. Smith of the police calls at the Corner Shop as Jerry arrives to collect Maggie to take her to the party. The policeman tells Maggie that Cyril has collapsed and died outside their house. They want her to break the news to Betty.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and landing
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Minnie Caldwell mentions that Albert Tatlock's last wedding was called off but Ena Sharples points out that it was due to the "Parson" not turning up. This references the events in Episode 906 (1st September 1969).
- TV Times synopsis: Engagement for Len and Rita - disengagement for Albert and Minnie.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (10th place).
- This episode was included on the Granada and Windsong Video Coronation Street 1974 released on 5th November 1990.
|February 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|