|ITV transmission date||2nd April 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||28th March 1962|
|Next episode||4th April 1962|
With his mother dead, Jack returns to the Rovers. After four days Ena still can't recognise anyone. Len spends more of his time at No.11 than at work. Elsie doesn't encourage him. Dennis decides to stay in London permanently. The residents wonder when Nellie will find out about Len and Elsie. Ena suddenly comes to and is her old self.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- TV Times synopsis: While Minnie and Martha continue their long and anxious wait by Ena's hospital bedside, the rest of the Street wait for the latest bulletin. For some people, life still goes on as usual, but there is another topic of conversation when Len Fairclough abandons his nightly visit to the Rover's to do some decorating in Elsie's front room.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,167,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1962 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|