Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th March 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||27th February 1974|
|Next episode||6th March 1974|
Maggie has gone to Mr Porter's and taken Betty home. A doctor has advised her that Betty's behaviour isn't out of the ordinary and she just needs time. Rita goes down with the flu, leaving Lucille on her own at the Kabin. Emily helps Hilda write a letter of condolence. Maggie finds it hard to cope with Betty. She's still confused and distant. Maggie decides she won't let her attend the funeral. Ray gives Hilda a letter for Stan from the town hall which was delivered to No.9 by mistake. The mourners gather at Betty's house. Billy annoys Ray by getting Deirdre to do a spot of relief work behind the bar during her lunch hour from the yard. The Bishops worry that no one wants the caretaking job at the Community Centre. Stan's letter tells the Ogdens that the council is still considering his application for the post of caretaker. Hilda puts a stamp on the condolence letter even though Len is delivering it to Betty in person. Sgt Daniels encourages Maggie not to have Betty live with her, knowing from personal experience that it can damage relationships. Maggie tells him he's preaching to the converted. The mourners are surprised when she appears, ready for the funeral.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway
- The Kabin
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Will Hilda find out what is in Stan's secret letter?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,950,000 homes (8th place).
|March 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|