|ITV transmission date||6th March 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||4th March 1974|
|Next episode||11th March 1974|
Betty, Maggie, Alf, Len, Bet, Ernie. Emily, Sgt Bert Daniels and Mr Porter bury Cyril. Hilda is thrilled that she and Stan might be caretakers of the Community Centre. Stan says he didn't tell her in case it fell through. Gertie Robson helps Billy out at the pub whilst waiting to see the Bishops for the caretaker's job. Gertie recognises Stan from Fatties Anonymous, when she called there to pick up her sister. He buys her a drink when she tells him that they could do with more men like him and asks if he's married! Maggie wishes Len well on his engagement. Mr Porter asks Maggie to look through Cyril's things at the office as he doesn't want to add to Betty's sadness by asking her. Emily visits the Ogdens to ask Hilda to clean the Community Centre until they find a caretaker. Hilda gleefully gets Stan to inform her that they're being considered for the position. Emily is stunned although Hilda feels deflated when Emily says that the consideration letter is a standard response - the next step is a shortlist. Maggie worries about the price she'll have to pay in helping Betty. Betty packs her bags and moves in with her at the shop. Ernie tells Emily the Ogdens have been shortlisted.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Sergeant Daniels - Bernard Gallagher
- Mr Porter - James Lynch
- Gertie Robson - Constance Merigold
- Reverend Hope - Robert Vahey
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway
- The Kabin
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- Stan Ogden's exploits with Fatties Anonymous, referenced by Gertie Robson, were seen in Episode 919 (15th October 1969) and Episode 920 (20th October 1969).
- TV Times synopsis: A sad journey for Betty…and a nasty shock for the Bishops.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,750,000 homes (9th place).
|March 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|