Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th March 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||11th March 1974|
|Next episode||18th March 1974|
Deirdre enjoys the way Ray and Billy battle for her affections. Vera and Mr Rogers have decided they want the Ogdens for Community Centre caretakers. The Bishops and Alf count on Gertie Robson. Bet tries to get Betty to return to the Rovers for Maggie's sake, but Betty is enjoying working at the shop. The committee are swung to Gertie's favour because she needs the accommodation. Cyril's executor, Sgt Bert Daniels, works out Betty's money: £14 a week for six months, then £10.89. His policies just come to £859. She does have the house but Bert tells her it'll be a waste of money if she moves. Hilda hands in her notice at the Rovers. Emily discovers Ernie's choice of play for RADA - Sand - is pornographic.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Last appearance of Vera Hopkins until 8th July 1974.
- TV Times synopsis: How much has Cyril bequeathed to Betty?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,750,000 homes (9th place).
|March 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|