|ITV transmission date||18th March 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||13th March 1974|
|Next episode||20th March 1974|
Gertie Robson starts work at the Community Centre. The Ogdens are disappointed they didn't get the job and Stan feels the Bishops have sabotaged it. The residents are amazed at Sand. Emily is very against it. Albert decides he's not going to like Gertie but she wins him over. Lucille flaunts her boyfriend Danny Burrows around. Ken tells Albert that Peter and Susan won't be living with them. Emily exposes Sand's author - Shelley Summers - as a seventeen-year old income tax clerk, Mergery Birtwhistle, who's copied the works of Delaney, O'Brien and Lawrence and made up the play. They realise they can't put it on. In its place a victorious Emily suggests The Importance of Being Earnest.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- TV Times synopsis: Rita guesses the secret of Lucille's new love life.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,950,000 homes (6th place).
|March 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|