Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th March 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||13th March 1974|
|Next episode||20th March 1974|
Gertie Robson starts work at the Community Centre. The Ogdens are disappointed they didn't get the job and Stan feels the Bishops have sabotaged it. Emily warns Gertie that her assistant is hard to get on with. The residents are amazed at Sand. Emily is very against it while most of the men are in favour. A depressed Hilda asks to return to the Rovers on the strength of Annie's glowing reference and is re-hired. Albert is annoyed at the Bishops for not consulting him before hiring Gertie, and decides he's not going to like her but she wins him over by buying him a drink. Lucille flaunts her boyfriend Danny Burrows around. Ken tells Albert that Peter and Susan won't be living with them. Albert thinks it's Janet's doing. Emily exposes Sand's author - Shelley Summers - as a seventeen-year old income tax clerk, Margery Birtwhistle, who's copied the works of Delaney, O'Brien and Lawrence and made up the play. They realise they can't put it on as they'd be a laughing stock. In its place a victorious Emily suggests The Importance of Being Earnest. Rita gets suspicious when Danny mentions shopping for two and gets Lucille to admit that they're living together.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Community Centre - Large hall
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Rita guesses the secret of Lucille's new love life.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,950,000 homes (6th place).
|March 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|