Lucille tells Rita she's been living with Danny Burrows for a month. Emily has her heart set on being Lady Bracknell in RADA's production of The Importance of Being Earnest. Ernie favours Annie and suggests Emily plays Gwendaline. Albert rows with Janet over her attitude towards Peter and Susan. Deirdre wins the part of Gwendaline for herself. Billy takes Danny on at the garage. Ken gets the part of Algernon. Janet tells Ken to take the day off tomorrow and bring the twins home.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Community Centre
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Will Annie pass the test and become a real "lady"?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,300,000 homes (3rd place). This was the highest-rated episode of the year.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|March 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|