Albert and Janet prepare for Peter and Susan's homecoming. Ken returns from Glasgow with Edith Tatlock but without the twins; he needs Edith to make Albert believe that it was Peter and Susan's decision not to live with him. Lucille doesn't care that people are starting to talk about her and Danny Burrows. Ernie desperately tries to find a Miss Prism as Rita is refusing to come back. Billy is annoyed when Danny fixes Len up with a new van when Len brings his vehicle in for repairs at the garage. Ernie finds rehearsals hard as there are several no-shows and the actors who turn up don't take it seriously, preferring to play around with the costumes. Jerry's stilted performance is a further cause for concern. Edith interrupts the rehearsal to break the news about the twins to Albert. Albert is sickened and thinks Ken doesn't want the twins around but Ken insists that they're old enough to decide for themselves. As an olive branch, Ken pays for Albert to visit them. From his P45, Billy discovers that Danny is married. Danny explains that they've long split up. Billy wonders if Lucille knows.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Community Centre - Large hall
- The Kabin
- Canal Garage
- Danny Burrows's bedsit
- Interior of Ken Barlow's car
- TV Times synopsis: What is the secret that Billy discovers about Lucille's boy friend?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,350,000 homes (10th place).
|March 1974 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|