|ITV transmission date||1st April 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||27th March 1974|
|Next episode||3rd April 1974|
Annie and Alf's year in office finishes and they bow out as the last Mayor and Mayoress of the Weatherfield County Borough Council. Mavis returns and takes a job as a vet's receptionist. Emily eagerly passes on the prompt to her and takes the role of Miss Prism in The Importance of Being Earnest. Billy tells Bet that Danny Burrows is married. Bet discovers Lucille doesn't know. Annie takes Gertie Robson on at the Rovers for the odd hour. Maggie asks Annie's help in getting Betty back at the pub. Mavis doesn't want to do the play because Jerry's about. Billy tells Lucille that Danny is married. Shocked, she confronts him - he tells her he's been separated for eighteen months and she can leave if she wants to; it's up to her.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernie Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- TV Times synopsis: What will Lucille do when she finds out about Danny's marriage?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (6th place).
|April 1974 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|