Annie and Alf's year in office finishes and they bow out as the last Mayor and Mayoress of the Weatherfield County Borough Council. Emily puts herself forward for Miss Prism in The Importance of Being Earnest but Ernie tells her she'll be too busy helping him to have a part. She thinks he doesn't have faith in her as he's taken a role himself. Mavis returns from Grange-over-Sands and takes a job as a vet's receptionist. Billy tells Bet that Danny Burrows is married and enlists her help in finding out whether he's told Lucille. Mavis shows interest in the play but is put off when she hears that Jerry is playing the lead. Lucille tells Bet that she sees a future in her relationship with Danny - Bet guesses she doesn't know about Danny's wife. Maggie asks Annie's help in getting Betty back at the pub. Annie tries to lure Betty back by telling her that she has a replacement barmaid lined up but that the job is still hers. Billy tells Lucille about Danny being married. Lucille pretends that it doesn't bother her. Minnie drinks at the Rovers without Ena as they've fallen out again. Gertie joins her. Lucille confronts Danny - he tells her he's been separated for eighteen months and has stayed married as it would be too costly to divorce. Lucille doesn't know what to do.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- TV Times synopsis: What will Lucille do when she finds out about Danny's marriage?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (6th place).
Bet Lynch (about men): “Fantastic usually means they're very good looking but as thick as a plank, and groovy means they're not even much to look at but you've got your pride.”
|April 1974 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|