Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th April 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Producer|| Susi Hush|
|Previous episode||3rd April 1974|
|Next episode||10th April 1974|
Annie forces Jerry to rehearse with her after he fixes her kitchen sink. Danny doesn't see why he has to meet Annie as she isn't a blood relation. He feels his freedom is being curtailed but agrees for Lucille's sake. Betty tells Maggie she plans to stay at the shop until she can afford another house. Mavis is put in charge of props for the play. She takes the position very seriously. Rita collects her 50p from Mavis after winning their New Year bet. Minnie is off with everyone due to the strain of living with Ena. Annie and Billy entertain Lucille and Danny with sherry and hors d'oeuvres. Jerry panics after Annie mocks his acting and gets Rita to help him as she's a professional. Maggie asks Len for help with Betty. He can't get her a flat but offers to have a word with her. Annie invites herself round to see the bedsit. Gertie Robson has some fun with Stan, bringing up Mrs Regan but Hilda overhears and is upset by her remarks.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rovers Return Inn – Public/snug, back room, hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Danny Burrows's bedsit - Living room/kitchen and street outside
- For a three-week period, Susi Hush became co-producer with Eric Prytherch before taking on the role in her own right from Episode 1386 (29th April 1974) onwards.
- TV Times synopsis: Ordeal by tea-party for Lucille and Danny at Annie's…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,300,000 homes (10th place).
|April 1974 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|