Annie feels sorry for Hilda when everyone takes up Gertie's theme of Stan and Mrs Regan and tells her to stand up to them. Betty's buyers drop their price by £500. Maggie is relieved as it's too low for Betty to accept. Annie doesn't approve of Danny's motorcycling. Hilda sees Stan laughing with Gertie but isn't so forgiving herself. Lucille worries that Danny won't want to marry as he had a bad experience with his first wife. Annie visits the bedsit and tells Danny they can live with her when they're married so that they can save for a decent place of their own. Betty goes home and isn't upset by the memories of Cyril, as she expected to be. She decides to move back. Danny finds Annie condescending and tells Lucille he doesn't want to see her again. Ena leaves for St. Anne's. Minnie is relieved at not having to live with her anymore but also sad to see her go. Rita tells Lucille to find out what Danny wants from their relationship.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug, back room, hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Danny Burrows's bedsit
- Ena Sharples was temporarily written out in this episode as Violet Carson was absent for most of the year after suffering a stroke. Her most recent appearance was on 27th February 1974. Ena re-appeared eight months later, on 18th December 1974.
- TV Times synopsis: Gertie Robson has put the cat among the pigeons at the Ogdens
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (7th place).
|April 1974 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|