|ITV transmission date||29th April 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||24th April 1974|
|Next episode||1st May 1974|
The play is reviewed in the paper. Annie’s annoyed when Bet reminds her that she leaves next week to take a summer job at a holiday camp in Morecambe. Annie warns Bet that she may not keep her job open. Rita feels the strain of living with heartbroken Lucille. Gertie’s nephew Gary Turner arrives for a visit. Hilda’s outraged when Stan suggests she takes a job cleaning on a Caribbean cruise liner, the Monte Umber. She maintains she needs a rest, not more skivvying. The residents are disturbed by the noise of the lorries serving the warehouse throughout the day and night. Gary admits he’s fallen out with his parents. Gertie agrees he can stay. Billy suggests to Annie that Lucille could move back into the Rovers. Annie thinks Lucille should ask for herself.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- After a three-week period of sharing the role of producer with Eric Prytherch, Susi Hush took over the role in her own right from this episode onwards.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda finds out just what kind of "holiday" Stan has planned for her.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,358,000 homes (6th place).
|April 1974 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|