|ITV transmission date||15th May 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||13th May 1974|
|Next episode||20th May 1974|
Stan nearly forgets it's his own birthday. To bring in extra money he helps Betty shift bottles but his back goes. Maggie agrees to let Alf help her out at the shop part-time. On board ship, Hilda starts to relax more, enjoying the sun. Stan thinks of taking in two 'businessmen' as lodgers after seeing their ad in the paper. Wilfred Perkins tells Janet he doesn't want Ken to sell himself for an extra £1,000 and a company car. She is very surprised.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- TV Times synopsis: Grass widower Stan goes into the red - and Janet has a visitor.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,400,000 homes (3rd place).
|May 1974 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|