Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th May 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||15th May 1974|
|Next episode||22nd May 1974|
Janet tells Ken about Perkins's visit. Janet wants Ken to take the warehouse job but Ken is still undecided. As Stan's agents, Lucille and Deirdre take Tommy Deakin and son-in-law Michael Ryan on at No.13 at £7 a week each. The residents are surprised to see Tommy back in the Street after two years. Alf starts work as Maggie's assistant. Maggie is surprised when he takes the job seriously. Annie is dismissive of Alf's new position, saying he doesn't have a natural aptitude for it. Tommy and Michael pay a fortnight's rent in advance. Ken doesn't know what to do about the job and thinks about how to please Janet. Rita warns him that women don't change after marriage. Deirdre and Lucille get Stan to buy drinks to celebrate renting out the room. He's horrified to find Tommy at No.13 and Dolores in the backyard.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Stan takes in lodgers while Hilda's away at sea.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,460,000 homes (10th place).
|May 1974 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|