|ITV transmission date||22nd May 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||20th May 1974|
|Next episode||27th May 1974|
Stan discovers Tommy Deakin and Michael Ryan have paid in advance for half-board. Rita helps Ken see his influence should be used to teach children, not look after factory workers. Tommy stores manure in the backyard of No.13. Ray is chased by a woman with a child. Deirdre and Lucille fall for Michael once he gets rid of the muck. Janet packs and leaves Ken - she was never what he wanted from a wife.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- TV Times synopsis: How will Janet react to Ken's decision about his job?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,105,000 homes (2nd place).
Janet Barlow: "I was only a very poor second, a substitute, a computer wife."
|May 1974 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|