|ITV transmission date||5th June 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||3rd June 1974|
|Next episode||10th June 1974|
Jonathan's crying keeps the household up all night. Stan tells Maggie he has moved Dolores. Janet and Ken have lunch together. Minnie can't keep Dolores in her yard anymore as Bobby is jealous. The Barlows realise that if they get back together it will be because they are lonely and that the marriage wouldn't work. Stan stores Dolores in Albert's yard in his absence. Len snaps over the situation and orders Alison and the baby out immediately.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Last appearance of Janet Barlow until 15th January 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: Janet comes back to discuss her future with Ken…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,836,000 homes (6th place).
Janet Barlow: "I never fitted in in this street because I never wanted to. I despised round 'ere. The place. The littleness of it, the dinginess, the acceptance that this was all there ever was or ever would be. Streets like this suck you down to their level in time."
|June 1974 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|