|ITV transmission date||5th June 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||3rd June 1974|
|Next episode||10th June 1974|
Ken doesn't know if he wants to see Janet again. Jonathan's crying keeps the household up all night. Len is livid when he's left holding the baby while Jerry makes up a bottle for Jonathan. Stan tells Maggie he has moved Dolores. Hilda sends Stan a postcard, saying she's having a good time. Alison finds a flat she likes and waits to hear from the landlord. Ken finds Janet making lunch at No.11 and agrees to talk things over. Minnie can't keep Dolores in her yard anymore as Bobby is jealous and family comes first. Janet hopes that Ken changed his mind about the warehouse so that she'd return to him. He admits that the motive could have been there subconsciously but it wasn't his intention. They realise that if they got back together it would be because they were lonely and mutually agree that their marriage is over. Len is tired of the overcrowding at No.9. Alison doesn't get the flat as she's too great a risk. Stan stores Dolores in Albert's yard in his absence. Albert calls Emily from Scotland telling her he's returning early. Len snaps over the situation when he's kept up for the second night in a row and orders Alison and the baby out.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Coronation Street – Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn – Public/snug
- 9 Coronation Street – Len's bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street – Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin flat
- Scenes on the Grape Street set were recorded on 16mm film.
- Last appearance of Janet Barlow until 15th January 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: Janet comes back to discuss her future with Ken…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,836,000 homes (6th place).
Janet Barlow: "I didn't fit in because I didn't want to fit in. I despised round 'ere."
Rita Littlewood: "You didn't exactly 'ide it."
Janet Barlow: "Oh, not the people. Not all of 'em. The place. The smallness of it, the feeling that this was all there was or ever would be. And there's streets and streets of 'em, Maggie, they suck you down to their level in the end."
|June 1974 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|