Albert returns and demands Dolores' removal from his yard. Billy has put Alison up but demands that she goes before Annie returns from visiting Joan. Albert is sickened to hear the Barlows have split. Stan takes the donkey back and is reported to the Health Inspector by Maggie. He is given forty-eight hours to move the donkey by Inspector Tom Meeker. Alf tries to get Maggie interested in the modernisation again but she's not bothered. Rita takes Alison in and spoils Len's evening by babysitting Jonathan.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior and Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Yard
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Yard
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Who's playing gooseberry to Rita and Len?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,776,000 homes (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|June 1974 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|