Rita doesn't believe Alison's story about her rich boyfriend, Harvey Shaw. With Hilda returning, Minnie agrees to take Dolores in if Stan looks after Bobby. Len makes enquiries about Harvey Shaw, pretending to be a mate. He gets Harvey's phone number and tells him he can come down any time he wants a good hiding. Albert asks Ken to move back into No.1 but he chooses to remain at No.11 by himself. Maggie gets worried with Alf in the shop. Harvey Shaw turns up, ready to fight Len. He thaws when Len makes it clear he just wants Alison and Jonathan out of his girlfriend's flat. Albert keeps getting at Ken about Janet, demanding to know why they've split. He thinks they didn't try hard enough. Ken tells him he's sick of his interference and calls him a stupid old devil. Harvey gives Ray £20 for Alison. She returns the money to him and collapses into his arms. As the couple depart, Harvey thanks the residents for bringing them together and hopes he never sees them again. Minnie hears from Maggie that the Health Inspectors are still about and puts Dolores back in the Ogdens' yard. Hilda returns to Manchester.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alison Wright - Rosalind Ayres
- Jonathan - Samuel James Taylor
- Harvey Shaw - John Oxley
- Woman in Train - Doris Wellings
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Train carriage
- The three boys who admire Harvey Shaw's car are uncredited, even though two of them have dialogue.
- The end credits are played over a scene of the empty railway track just after Hilda Ogden's train has passed by on its way to Manchester.
- TV Times synopsis: Happy ending for Alison, bad lookout for Stan…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,177,000 homes (5th place).
|June 1974 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|