Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd July 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Designer||Ed Buziak (Uncredited)|
|Previous episode||1st July 1974|
|Next episode||8th July 1974|
Martin Downes discovers his mother does work at the pub and is Bet. Gordon Clegg confronts Ron who makes him realise he loves Maggie and is dry. Gordon takes Beverley Marshall out. Martin returns to the Rovers and is horrified to sees Bet being coarse in her revealing dress. He leaves the pub without talking to her.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Steve Baker - Alan Igbon
- Martin Downes - Louis Selwyn
- Ron Cooke - Eric Lander
- Beverley Marshall - Sue Cornell (Uncredited)
- This episode was transmitted at 6.30pm to allow for World Cup coverage.
- Lucille Hewitt (Jennifer Moss) is credited but doesn't appear. As she appears extensively in the previous episode, it is possible that the actress's sacking from the programme took place mid-way through the two-day studio session which saw the recording of the two instalments.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet comes face to face with someone from her past…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,300,000 homes (1st place).
|July 1974 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st