|ITV transmission date||16th April 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||11th April 1962|
|Next episode||18th April 1962|
Len is sacked from Birtwistles when someone tells his boss he's been doing foreigners. Elsie rows with Concepta for coming between Harry and Len. Albert puts his name down at the Council for an allotment. Elsie suspects Concepta of shopping Len but Ena suspects Florrie. In fact it is Martha who confesses. Elsie announces publicly that she is not seeing Len. Len collects his darts and walks out of the Rovers.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- This was the final episode for Derek Granger as the programme's producer, having taken up the role with Episode 61 on 12th July 1961.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner shows her colours and joins battle with the gossips of the Street as her growing friendship with Len continues to cause talk among the neighbours. But when an informer goes to see Len's boss, the result brings the trouble in the Street to a new pitch of tension.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,171,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1962 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|