Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th July 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||24th July 1974|
|Next episode||31st July 1974|
Ken starts work at the Mark Brittain Warehouse. Rita takes Mavis back at The Kabin. Tricia persuades Idris to get Ray to make her a dressing table for her bedroom. The Bishops advertise for a new caretaker for the Community Centre. No one tells Ken what his job function is and he is not given a secretary, nor does he have anything to do. Tricia tries to seduce Ray with Bacardi. Billy and Len hatch a plan to bring Ken out of his depression. Hilda sees coming good fortune in her tea leaves. Ernie tells a despondent Emily that the committee want the Ogdens as caretakers.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- First appearance of Gail Potter.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Ray fall for Tricia's wiles…?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,450,000 homes (3rd place).
|July 1974 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st