|ITV transmission date||29th July 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||24th July 1974|
|Next episode||31st July 1974|
Rita takes Mavis back at The Kabin. Ken starts work at the Mark Brittain Warehouse alongside personnel manager Edward Pollard. Jerry is disgusted when Ray flirts with Tricia and her friend Gail Potter. Granny asks Hilda to repay the £4.75½ she owed Maggie at the shop and sets interest at 10%. Tricia pretends to be interested in Jerry so that Idris will ask for Ray instead to make her a dressing table for her bedroom. Hilda pays her shop bill by demanding repayment from Stan for hiring Mervyn Traynor; £140.50, with 30p a week interest. The Bishops advertise for a new caretaker for the Community Centre. Ray arrives to work in Tricia's bedroom but Tricia has to get rid of Gail first. No one tells Ken what his job function is. He asks Pollard for a secretary. Tricia tries to seduce Ray with Bacardi and Coke. She doesn't get anywhere as Granny keeps tabs on them. Ken worries that his position at the warehouse is precarious. With Annie visiting Joan, Billy arranges an after-hours drinking party with Ken and Len. Stan is annoyed that he's given his drinking money to Hilda. Hilda sees coming good fortune in her tea leaves. Emily that the committee want the Ogdens as caretakers.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn – Public/snug
- 13 Coronation Street – Back room
- Corner Shop – Shop and Tricia's bedroom
- Mark Brittain Warehouse – Ken's office, Pollard's office
- The Kabin
- First appearance of Gail Potter.
- Scenes on the Grape Street set were recorded on 16mm film.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Ray fall for Tricia's wiles…?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,450,000 homes (3rd place).
|July 1974 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st