Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th August 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||31st July 1974|
|Next episode||7th August 1974|
Hilda gives in her notice at the Rovers and agrees to move into the Community Centre. Mr Wormold's assistant, Jimmy Graham, makes enquiries around the Street of properties for sale. Tricia worries that Ray thinks she's too young and dresses up to break down his defences. Annie tries to get Bet and Betty to work mornings, throwing in a raise as an incentive. Betty accepts. Granny doesn't trust Ray with Tricia and keeps interrupting them in the flat to keep an eye on them. Tricia gives Ray extra jobs to do to keep him around. Rita stands Len up at the Rovers and agrees to go to a restaurant with Jimmy.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Who's the new man walking out with Rita?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,500,000 homes (9th place).
|August 1974 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|