Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th April 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||16th April 1962|
|Next episode||23rd April 1962|
Martha takes Archie in when Ena can't put up with it saying "Ena won't like it" day and night. Len starts up business on his own in his backyard and the one next door, owned by the Bensons. Ena ventures out of her bed to visit the Rovers. Behind Concepta's back, Harry sells Lucky Lolita and buys a saloon car with £20 on Hire Purchase to pay off. Len helps Harry out when the headlamp goes and they are reconciled.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- H.V. Kershaw became producer with this episode, the first of eight stints in the role (whether they were credited as producer or executive producer). This initial run in the seat ran until Episode 251 on 8th May 1963.
- TV Times synopsis: Len Fairclough tries to get on his feet again and decides to go it alone - and Elsie is there with help and encouragement. Harry at last makes up his mind about Lucky Lolita, but Concepta gets another big shock when she sees Harry's new acquisition. Once again, his new hobby causes speculation up and down the Street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,057,000 homes (2nd place).
|April 1962 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|