Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th August 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||21st August 1974|
|Next episode||28th August 1974|
Hilda longs for a holiday, especially when Tommy, Dirty Dick and Michael Ryan write to Stan from Majorca. Pollard thinks Ken is already beaten as the staff won't get a union under any circumstances. Deirdre is enjoying being in a relationship that no one knows about. Ken meets the warehouse girls, including Peggy, Ivy, Edna, Gaynor Burton, Maureen Hicks and Jean Wilkins. He warns them that if they got a union their pay would drop to the basic union rate and there would be no advantages. Peggy doesn't agree and debates with him. They accuse each other of being entrenched in their positions. Stan tries to organise a biking tour and arranges to buy two bikes from Billy. Hilda thinks he's barmy. Deirdre is short with Ray when he tries to cuddle her. The girls vote to strike until they get union representation. Stan chickens out of going cycling and tells Billy to forget the bikes. Alf tells Ken learns that Peggy is up for a union job and will probably get it if she succeeds at the warehouse. Ray is in the garage when Deirdre meets Billy for a date and surmises that they're now an item.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Edward Pollard - Michael Gover
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Gaynor Burton - Maureen Sutcliffe
- Jean Wilkins - Louise Jervis (Credited as "Louis Jervis")
- Maureen Hicks - Alison King
- Peggy Barton - Lois Daine
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Ken's office, canteen
- Canal Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Will Deirdre and Billy manage to keep their "friendship" a secret?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,287,000 homes (16th place). Of the episodes which appeared within the top twenty, this August Bank Holiday Monday episode had the lowest audience figures of the year.
|August 1974 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|