|ITV transmission date||28th August 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||26th August 1974|
|Next episode||2nd September 1974|
Billy sells Stan a tandem for £8.50. Ken and Peggy Barton strike a bargain - the girls get their union and Ken gets Peggy's resignation. Sir Julius Berlin is pleased. Ray starts jeering at Deirdre over Billy. Hilda decides they won't give the residents the pleasure of seeing them fail on the tandem and she puts them both on a keep-fit campaign. Billy asks Deirdre to come on holiday with him.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- TV Times synopsis: Stan brings home a bicycle made for two.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,764,000 homes (2nd place).
|August 1974 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|