Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd September 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||28th August 1974|
|Next episode||4th September 1974|
Ray constantly picks at Deirdre's work at the Yard. Minnie tells the Hopkinses that the self-service shop in Bessie Street is closing. Granny sends Idris to verify the rumour. Jerry tries to dissuade the Ogdens from riding the tandem but Hilda is adamant. Granny decides to buy the shop now the competition has gone. Deirdre agrees to go on holiday with Billy. Idris grows tired of his night-shift work. Gordon tells Granny that he's not had any offers for the shop but she thinks he's lying. Alf suggests Albert take on the caretaker's job at the centre full-time. Granny's unit trusts go down in value and she can't afford the shop.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Anne Kirkebride")
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre Hunt changes her mind about going on holiday with Billy Walker.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,800,000 homes (3rd place).
|September 1974 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|