Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd September 1974 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||18th September 1974|
|Next episode||25th September 1974|
Granny wants the shop to be called "M and I Hopkins" and asks Ray to repaint the sign over the premises but Vera decides it will be called "V and M Hopkins". Sheila Crossley writes to the Bishops to say that she's coming to stay with them for a week as Neil and Danny have gone off together on a father-son fishing trip. Giving them little notice, she drives up from Sheffield that day. Ernie isn't happy about the set-up. Rita doesn't tell Len that she's finished with Jimmy Graham. The Ogdens sneak back home in their cycling gear and go on about their biking holiday, not telling anyone that they went by train. Jerry is shocked to see Sheila again when they bump into each other in the Rovers. The Ogdens come into the Rovers in their cycling gear, not knowing that all the regulars have heard from Ray that they didn't go on their bike. No one lets on. Mavis starts to feel uncomfortable about Shelia's presence in the area when she hears of hers and Jerry's past from Hilda. Stan hears from Syd Greaves that the tandem was delivered back to the Street and left with someone but he doesn't know who. Ray has kept the tandem at the Builder's Yard and sprays the black paint white in an effort to set the Ogdens up.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Granny Hopkins - Jessie Evans
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Vera Hopkins - Kathy Staff
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Idris Hopkins - Richard Davies
- Sheila Crossley - Eileen Mayers
- First appearance of Sheila Crossley since 12th November 1969.
- For the first time in the series, no members of the original 1960 cast are present.
- TV Times synopsis: Stan and Hilda return - but where's their tandem?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,013,000 homes (3rd place).
|September 1974 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|