|ITV transmission date||2nd October 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||30th September 1974|
|Next episode||7th October 1974|
Billy returns and stops by Deirdre's first. Ernie is angry that he and Emily have to clear up whilst Sheila sleeps. Rita encourages Mavis to forgive Jerry as his drink was spiked at the party. Mavis thinks the real him was talking and refuses to go out with him. Jerry doesn't remember what happened last night and everyone is too kind to tell him. He worries when Sheila tells him that she was flattered but wants to leave it as a nice memory. Annie is short with Billy when he finally shows his face at the Rovers. Sheila invites the Bishops over to Sheffield to return the favour. They both agree although Ernie doesn't mean it. Billy doesn't know why Blanche told Annie that a wedding is in the offing. He raises the subject with Deirdre and they realise that they both want to get married. Billy proposes to Deirdre and she accepts. Rita feels sorry for Jerry and gets Len to come clean about spiking his drink. Jerry finally hears what his behaviour at the party from Ken. Sheila makes Emily realise that she and Ernie are always falling out before she leaves for Sheffield. Emily calls Ernie a hypocrite for pretending to like Sheila. Jerry apologises to Mavis and tells her that his drinks were spiked. Mavis accuses him of living on memories of a woman he can't have and tells him to leave her alone. Annie fears something is going on between Billy and Deirdre and takes to her bed. Bet is told they've won the competition - a holiday for two in the Bahamas.
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Ann Kirkbride")
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Sheila Crossley - Eileen Mayers
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- The Kabin
- Fairclough, Langton and Booth
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room
- Final appearance of Eileen Mayers as Sheila Crossley.
- The master tape of this episode contains an edit in the opening scene where Betty Turpin comes into the Rovers.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Deirdre say "yes" to Billy's proposal?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,300,000 homes (11th place).
|October 1974 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|